Sunday, December 11, 2016

27 November 2016

[Melanie] True to form, part of every family get together inevitably includes some discussion or action that takes us down memory lane. Well, Dad (true to form) fell asleep on the couch for his mid-day nap. Mom and I had just finished a lovely conversation and talk was turning to what to make for lunch. I saw Dad on the couch and knew his nap would be coming to a close soon, and I just couldn't resist. I ran to the bathroom and got a dollop of shaving cream on my finger. I transferred it onto his hand and began to gently tickle the hairs of his nose. I nearly snorted with laughter at the thought of what was about to happen - almost waking him and ruining the whole event - but I gathered my wits about me and tickled a little more deliberately. Sure enough, the shaving cream hand raised to his face to address the tickle and smeared the cream all over his glasses and nose.
Sleeping Goliath

"That Don't Be Funny!"

Mom and I were in tears with laughter at the sight. Dad even got a laugh, though he said, "that don't be funny!" We all begged to differ.

[Golden] "What a way to wake up!"  I had no idea that the tickle of the nose was reminiscent of my son Aaron's prank.  And then I had the mess to clean up, as well.  When one is awakened from such a sound nap, the realization doesn't sink in for a time.  Deja vu.  Some things just don't seem to change...whether in Utah or in New York City.  Oh, the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment