Sunday, January 22, 2017

22 January 2017

22 January 2017


For this week's adventures, I would say, was working in and attending the temple. On Thursday, they had me be a patron to ensure that we had enough sisters in the session so I got to take one of my 4th great aunts through the temple. A new volunteer that they are training was also asked to attend as a patron so she took my other 4th great aunt through. It was fun to just know that they were there. 

After the session, we went up and did some sealings. I had about fifteen cards of sealing of children to parents and a couple of them were as a whole family, so we were able to kneel around the altar with all of the children at once. Everyone loves doing this because it feels so much more like a family.

On Saturday, I wanted to finish up what I had left before the temple closed for two weeks, so we went in and did another endowment session and then went to do sealings. Doing that on Saturday is not very good. It is Spanish Day, number one, which brings a lot of confusion and extra work with changing the language.Then we had an unexpected living endowment come in which took our sealer, President Bean, so he came in about 30-40 minutes late before we started the sealing session. We just got in the sealing session for about 10 minutes before someone came with another problem.  He got pulled out of our sealing session three or four times so what should have taken a hour went on for almost two hours.

My miracle through all of this was that because he was gone for so long the first time, half of our patrons left so we did not have enough to do all that was there. We needed one more man. I was discouraged because of my goal, so I said a silent prayer and asked if it would be possible for him to send me just one man so that I could finish up my male sealings. Just as we were getting down to where we could not do any more family file cards, in walked two men excited to help with our family file names along with several sisters. I love it when the Lord answers my prayers so quickly. It was a wonderful experience.

We had a great sacrament meeting today. They spoke on standing in Holy places which could be you within yourself right where you are, in the temple, and in your home. They asked the question as to what our activities were in the home and were they ones that would make our homes worthy of the Spirit to dwell there. They had some wonderful ideas on how to create more Holy places of refuge where we can connect with our Savior, feel his love, and hear his promptings. I love having the Spirit; it brings such peace and joy. When I read my scriptures, I can hear the prophets of the past talking to me and I love how I feel. I am reading the Doctrine & Covenants right now and almost half way through it. I have not read it for so many years and never just to read it. It has given me such a different perspective. There is so much to learn, but what a wonderful time to do it while serving a mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment